Where to Eat Without Chick-fil-A

Construction+workers+begin+the+remodeling+of+the+Chick-fil-A+kitchen+a+couple+weeks+before+the+official+temporary+closing.+

Morgan Jacobus

Construction workers begin the remodeling of the Chick-fil-A kitchen a couple weeks before the official temporary closing.

Morgan Jacobus, Managing Editor

After Chick-fil-A’s announcement of their temporary closing, many customers began to question where else they will eat once Chick-fil-A is no longer an option. The question thus becomes what is their best option?

“Where would they go? Jimmy Johns, Dion’s for sure, but McDonalds the most because it is so close,” said Jordan Herren (12).

McDonalds is a popular option, however, there has been an influx of traffic there during lunch periods, since it is the closest fast-food option. Due to its increased traffic, it is a less viable alternative for Chick-fil-A, since many students struggle to acquire lunch and return to class within the 33 minute period. However, McDonalds isn’t the only option that is in close proximity to the school.

“I would go to Dion’s or King Soopers more,” said Tristan Ikeda (12).

So, if the criteria for a new alternative is proximity to the school, Dion’s or King Soopers would be a good fit, since they are within walking distance from the school. However, for the students that are able to drive, where distance is less of a concern, there are more options.

For someone who doesn’t eat a lot of fast food, Gabriella says that she would, “go to Mad Greens or McAlister’s.”

Additionally, for some students, without the option of Chick-fil-A, their change in diet could actually be beneficial.

“[Now that Chick-fil-A is closed] I’ll probably be healthier,” said Campbell Faust (10).

While the adjustment without Chick-fil-A can be difficult, Aurora provides a plethora of alternatives for the time being.