TSA State Competition

Go team. As the state competition ends, the school’s team competitors huddle together for one last photo. “This weekend was very successful for CT. We took first place in multiple events,” Jake Zellmer (10) said.

In a world where technology is ever-growing and problem-solving is an essential skill, clubs like the Technology Student Association are becoming increasingly important. TSA may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about competitive clubs, but it is a very successful one. This past weekend the school’s TSA team proved that when competing and going very far in multiple events.

“We did really really well. I’m part of the tech bowl team and we were state champions, which is really exciting,” Caitlyn Voyles (10) said. “Tech bowl is where two teams are asked questions and they have to buzz in answers. It’s very similar to Jeopardy.” Though winning is definitely a plus, it is not the only reason that students join TSA. The club offers a wide range of areas to grow and develop skills, and just like other clubs TSA is great for colleges and making companions who share similar interests.

“It’s really fun and overall just a great experience. It has helped me to grow my skills in public speaking and networking, which is really helpful,” said Jake Zellmer (10). Zellmer has been in TSA for five years and plans to continue with it throughout high school. He may be used to TSA and winning at competitions, but there are other students that competed at the state competition for the first time this year.

“It was my first time competing at TSA state and I learned a lot. Next year I’m hoping to make it to Nationals,” said Aarzoo Aggarwal (10). Making it to nationals for TSA is hard to accomplish, but this year we had several students who did just that.

Overall, the Technology Student Association has had a very successful year with a grand total of semifinals 25 times, nine students placing, and winning the Gold Chapter Of Excellence.