CT Today

• March 13Second Snow Day!!! 3/14/19

Wish Week at CT

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wish Week at CT

On the last day of wish week students pack the gym making a sea of yellow for Maya. The assembly was a huge hit and everyone was there for Maya.

Morgan J.

Morgan J.

Morgan J.

Morgan Jacobus, Staffer

Wish week would not have a purpose if the teachers, the students, and the clubs didn’t contribute. CT has a history of past successful wish weeks, and they continue to get better still. Everyone comes together as a school, as a community to do something for someone that truly deserves it; the kids. Not just kids, but terminally ill kids who had to grow up too fast to deal with their disease and the worries and the stresses that come along with it. To give them a reason to smile is something to be proud about; something to take pride in as a school.  It isn’t just the donations from the clubs, it’s not just the participation of the students, it’s more. It is the two month planning from leadership, the building of the castle from the art department, it’s the dedication from within the school, it’s everything we do.

The wish shirts sold out the morning of the assembly, and there were hundreds of students who attended the events, such as dodgeball, volleyball, and the pack the gym girls and boys basketball, with several other outside contributors. In total, CT surpassed last year’s total, $32,736.91, by raising a final total of $35,047.30 all because of how CT united as a community and put someone else’s needs above their own.