TSA Before The State Conference

The+State+conference+is+about+to+happen+and+teams+stand+by+ready+to+get+to+work.+The+State+conference+went+off+without+a+hitch+and+was+a+great+conference.+

Photo from TSA.com

The State conference is about to happen and teams stand by ready to get to work. The State conference went off without a hitch and was a great conference.

Peyton Grattino, Website Editor

TSA? I’m sure you’re thinking about airport security, but that isn’t it. This is the Technology Student Association, and they have been working hard on all of their projects since November and all of their hard work is about to pay off. TSA is after school activity where students get a project and then compete against other schools all across Colorado at a conference. The events range from Software Engineering and Video Game Design to Drag Car Racing and Rat Trap powered cars. For almost every event CT has a team. These teams create projects that they bring to their event at the conference. Then a panel of judges look at the project and interview the team about how they did the project and what they went though to get it done.

Jacob Jannicke a Sophomore at CT talks about his project saying “Things are going well, there have been a few hiccups but we will make it work.” The rest of the group is saying that it will definitely be ready by the time of the conference. They created a Video Game that they will turn in to judges with a huge stack of papers that talk about copyright and what their project is about. “Participants … develop a game that focuses on the subject of their choice. The game must have high artistic, educational, and social value and be interesting, exciting, visually appealing, and intellectually challenging.” (www.tsaweb.org)

The event starts on Thursday February 23rd and they come back on Saturday the 25th. For your information all about the event stay right here with CT today.