Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Boys Volleyball honors the life of Daniel Xiao
Lena Donatelli, Savvy Swensen, and Christopher RodriguezApril 25, 2024

On Tuesday, April 9th, the varsity boys volleyball team held a memorial game to honor the life of Daniel Xiao, a former member of the team who...

Skyler Speaks: Behind the Scenes of TNT Pizza
Skyler Landry and Ethan SingletaryApril 24, 2024

In nearby Parker, is Colorado’s very own TNT Pizza, one of the state’s first Black Owned pizza parlors. Trail Media reporters Skyler Landry...

Choir Council: harmonizing to expand the program

Behind the scenes of the choir program is the Choir Council. This council isn’t all well known to other students outside of those in choir but regardless, they play a pivotal role in leading the program and sharing the talent of the students.

“The connections I’ve created in choir really helped me get through last year and I made some really amazing friends,” said Claire Delaup.

“I love being able to make music with other people and just bond over a common passion,”  said Soraya Manuele.   “I love how the music brings people together and makes them a family,”  said Susie Blackford.

The Choir Council’s primary focus is to extend and grow the program, ultimately building their community. “Council is to help people get more involved in the arts and to grow the community and be as inclusive as possible, and especially choir, because I feel like a lot of people at CTE are not very involved in that. And our mission is just to grow the community and be as inclusive as possible,” said Turner McClellan. 

In order to grow their community and develop the program, the Choir council wants to connect with other schools. “We’re going to be doing a lot of outreach stuff and like working with the middle schoolers a bunch,” said Meghan Stahlberg. The choir will be joining Fox Ridge and Infinity Middle School in their annual Winter Concert. Mr. Aaron Jaramillo, the director of choir, shares his insight about this year’s event, “The teachers over there are doing a really great job, like students are just singing really well.”Jaramillo said. Situmeang hopes that these students recognize how “Choir is a welcoming and loving environment. We’re just here to sing, have fun and just be a great community.”

The council hopes to better promote this year’s events in order for more people to recognize the program. “Choir isn’t just like some nerdy thing that people do. Choir is actually an amazing thing that takes skill and it takes practice and it takes just as much time and effort that any type of other sport or any other club has to do,” said Naomita Situmeang. Emily Oh explains the difficulties that the choir council faced last year while promoting their program. “Last year we didn’t do a very good job in advertising anything,” said Oh.

Oh will be in charge of designing this year’s posters that will be seen in the hallways and hopefully, more people will come and watch the concerts. They also hope to reach people through social media. Right now they have an Instagram page: @ctchoirs where they promote their fundraisers, concerts, achievements, seasonal parties, and other choir-related events. 

This program is not just about musical excellence. It’s crucial to understand that this choir goes beyond exploring different styles, techniques, and performances. The journey that happens while going through rehearsals and performances bonds the students in this program.

The Choir Family is thrilled to announce upcoming musical events where you can witness the program and the students’ hard work and talented voices. Please come and join them on December 12th at their Winter Concert, February 13th during Celebrate the Arts, and May 7th at their Pop Concert. Support them as choir journeys to Disneyland this spring and to Denver University at the Newman Center on December 9th at the Sound of the Rockies Concert. Also, support them in their fundraisers on November 14th at Noodles & Company, and December 13th at Panda Express.

Lili Vigil says, “Make sure to check out the choir concerts because it’s awesome to hear awesome music and support your friends.”