Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

KIVA Week: The Importance of Cultural Representation
Emma Tran and Paige KyleApril 18, 2024

IB Minority Club held its annual KIVA Week in March. This year many cultural clubs participated in events such a food night, a fashion show,...

Ditching the pencils - How students adapt to digital SAT
Edward Tay and Anayla ApolinarApril 15, 2024

As we continue to submerge into the digital age, some things have undergone significant changes. This year, for example, the SAT has gone...

Jaydon Lorenzen: Life of a Student-Athlete

“I’d for sure choose to be a student-athlete again,… it gives you a whole different community and a whole like different place of being at the school instead of just going to class every day and leaving.” Jaydon Lorenzen, a senior at CT is a student-athlete who couldn’t be more grateful for his opportunity to share in the many glories and triumphs he faces while playing the sport of Lacrosse with his ‘brothers’. 

That feeling of brotherhood goes further than just any plain old sport and it has no requirements, “We describe it as kind of like a brotherhood and just having kids, like juniors or like sophomores that are not even in my grade. It’s good to just have people around you that are going through the same environment of lacrosse and school at the same time as you.”said Lorenzen. 

Being a student-athlete also comes with its responsibilities as these athletes still have to balance school the same as any regular student would. “It definitely is hard to balance just because in our season when we have practice six days a week, it’s hard to fit in time for my studying and all that, but it definitely helps when you have teammates around you that can help you and [when you have] classmates that help you when you’re actually in class. So it’s a good balance” said Lorenzen.

Of course everyone has things that they love about the things that they do, and it was no different with Jaydon when asked about his favorite thing about being an athlete. “My favorite thing is just playing the actual sport of lacrosse and staying in shape during the sport. Something I’ve gained is my confidence in the sport. That confidence leads to other scenarios like last year when I was in DECA… that led to better conversations and overall confidence for me.” said Lorenzen.