Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stress During Final Exams
Stress During Final Exams
Blake LangleyMay 20, 2024

Final exams are around the corner and they are something that can be very stressful for many students. Studying for final exams involves a...

Defying the odds
Defying the odds
Ava ZadigianMay 19, 2024

Torn ACL, broken leg, sprained ankle. All injuries happen in a split second and can be easily fixed with a cast, and, in the worst case, surgery....

Stress During Final Exams

Stress During Final Exams

Final exams are around the corner and they are something that can be very stressful for many students. Studying for final exams involves a lot of hard work and a good work ethic. Some students here at CT shared how they deal with stress during finals and how they study the best. 

Yanet Solomon talked about how she deals with stress during finals “I take small breaks during my studying for myself and do something I enjoy like sleeping or hanging out with my family or like getting ice cream.” said Solomon. Soledad Langley agrees with Solomon’s words “I deal with stress during finals by remembering to give myself breaks and space in my studying and create a schedule for how long I’m going to study things for each class.” said Langley.

Studying methods are also a resource for managing stress during finals. Ivan Molina-Saenz talked about his best study methods for final exams My best study method is always reviewing before bed and also memorizing using notecards.” said Monlina-Saenz, which is similar to what Solomon said “Some of my best study methods are using Quizlet a lot and I do practice problems for like math for example and go over my previous tests and quizzes and homework and again write down what I’m not good at or need more help in and just do a lot of review on that” said Solomon.

Most students would say that they all have the hardest class and everybody struggles with something. Langley said the way that she studies for her hardest class is “For my hardest final, I tend to try and focus my time on that as opposed to another final that I may already know a lot about. For my hardest final I end up rewriting my notes, reviewing those notes, and using a bunch of different study methods.”  said Langley, and Molina-Saenz has a similar plan for studyingMy best study method is always reviewing before bed and also memorizing using notecards.” said Molina-Saenz.