Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Boys Volleyball honors the life of Daniel Xiao
Lena Donatelli, Savvy Swensen, and Christopher RodriguezApril 25, 2024

On Tuesday, April 9th, the varsity boys volleyball team held a memorial game to honor the life of Daniel Xiao, a former member of the team who...

Skyler Speaks: Behind the Scenes of TNT Pizza
Skyler Landry and Ethan SingletaryApril 24, 2024

In nearby Parker, is Colorado’s very own TNT Pizza, one of the state’s first Black Owned pizza parlors. Trail Media reporters Skyler Landry...

How Cinema Influences Halloween Costume Trend

What are the trends in 2023?

This year we have seen a big spark in trends regarding TV shows, movies, and celebrities. Some of the most well-known examples are The Barbie movie, One Piece, Oppenheimer, and the Eras Tour. All mentioned have set new trends not only in the CT community but all over the world. 

Cinema 

Trending Films and series have characters that the audience can relate to. Since people can relate to these figures, they are their first thoughts when thinking about Halloween costumes. Barbie is a big example of having multiple personas that viewers can connect with. There is a wide range of Barbie’s and Ken’s, as well as having some “odd ones out” like Allen and Weird Barbie(Photo by Lena Donatelli)

Celebrities

The Eras Tour had a big influence on people’s fashion choices and styles, not only for these concerts but also for everyday use. This year for Halloween, we are expected to see some of these tour outfits being reused. The incredible detail put towards matching the artist’s style and music video outfits lives up to the expectations of Halloween costumes. From a survey sent out to the CT community, people had responded to the simple questions of  “Is your costume based off of current events like movies, shows, or celebrities?” and “What is your costume?” The results from this ended up being that 70% of the school are basing their costumes on celebrities, such as Mr. WorldWide, Taylor Swift, and Harry Styles.(Photo by Lena Donatelli)

Classics 

However, new trends are not the only costumes we are going to be seeing. There are many timeless costumes we heard about as well. These costumes included fairies, minions, spiderman, clowns, vampires, and even as shown above ratatouille. We learned this year that costumes and costume trends are truly timeless. (Photo by Lena Donatelli)

Overview 

At Cherokee Trail High School there is a wide range of costumes as seen above. With these costumes we can see that big stars, movies, and trends reflect on the students around the school as well as the community,  to help them pick out what they may want to dress up as in terms of costumes.