Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

CT Cuisine: Five Guys
CT Cuisine: Five Guys
Shishyan Bhatta and Yabe Beneberu May 17, 2024

In the latest quest to satisfy their hunger, trail media reporters Shishyan Bhatta and Yabetse Beneberu landed at the local Five Guys in...

Taylor Swifts Tourtured Poets review
Taylor Swift's Tourtured Poets review
Emma Tran and Paige Kyle May 17, 2024

In February, popstar Taylor Swift announced her new album: The Tortured Poets Department. Closer to the release date, Swift and Taylor Nation...

Jordan Mitchell – The Process

Jordan Mitchell - The Process

Freshman Jordan Mitchell, came into high school with big dreams to accomplish. Be on varsity all four years. With no freshman being on varsity since 2020, Mitchell knew he had hard work to do. And that is just what he did. 

Ever since he was a young boy Mitchell had the determination to play basketball at a high level and he’d put many hours into the gym always giving it his all.

“Yes I knew I had what it took to play at a high level of basketball since I was younger, I played on one of the best teams in Colorado, Billups Elite,” said Mitchell. 

Mitchell’s dreams started at a young age, competing with the best and having the determination to be the best put him in a great mindset of where he needed to be. Being on varsity as a freshman and being around older players Mitchell says “It helps develop my IQ and helps me to see myself in their shoes when I’m a Junior or Senior.” Mitchell is always looking ahead for the future and has many goals that need to be accomplished and won’t stop pushing to meet those goals. Growing up in a basketball family and spending time around basketball Mitchell knew he loved the game. Growing older and looking up to his brother he learned what it takes to be a basketball player and how hard it truly is. The process that comes with being a basketball player takes hard work, and Mitchell can account for that, “Knowing that it takes time to get where you want to get, and you have to work for it, that’s why you always hear coaches say hard work pays off.” said Mitchell. 

Having the next four years ahead of him he plans to keep his foot on the gas and keep pushing to be the best he can be to play at the next level. 

“I will never give up and push towards my dream of playing at the next level, NCAA basketball,” said Mitchell.