Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Stories from The Trail

CT Today

Boys Volleyball honors the life of Daniel Xiao
Lena Donatelli, Savvy Swensen, and Christopher Rodriguez April 25, 2024

On Tuesday, April 9th, the varsity boys volleyball team held a memorial game to honor the life of Daniel Xiao, a former member of the team who...

Skyler Speaks: Behind the Scenes of TNT Pizza
Skyler Landry and Ethan Singletary April 24, 2024

In nearby Parker, is Colorado’s very own TNT Pizza, one of the state’s first Black Owned pizza parlors. Trail Media reporters Skyler Landry...

Nathan Baack – Breaking streaks and expectations

“Nathan Baack for THREEEEEE” A saying fans heard an astonishing 6 times on January 21st during the boys’ varsity basketball game against Golden High School.  

Baack led his team to a huge win making six three-pointers. This just missed the previous school record set by brothers Tre and Chase Titus with seven.

Scoring 19 out of the 74 points, Baack was the high scorer for the game followed by Freshman Jordan Mitchell with 17 points. An exceptional game for both boys.

The 6’6 Junior has been a huge help in winning the Cougar’s 6 games this season. Baack is 2nd in the 6A division in 3-pointers with 39, he has found a connection with the rim this season moving up 23 places from last season. Not only did Baack excel his team’s exceptions, but the Cougars also broke their three-game losing streak. 

Varsity head coach, Mr.Brown, heavily recognized Baack’s improvement in both shooting and confidence from last year.  “Nate’s a super super hard worker wasn’t always that way, he’s kind of grown into that role, just with the amount of work he’s put in, has led him to making shots at a high level.” Coach Brown also went on to say, “ In the year that I’ve been able to Coach Nate, he’s gotten to the point now where he is super confident because he’s done the work.”

Not only has coach brown helped with his confidence, but as well as helping him just “let go”. “I’ve gotten a lot more confident. And I’m just letting it fly with ease.” Baack went on to say. He has grown to realize that shooting 3-pointers has “become his job” and that has progressed the team along heavily this season.

Losing against Grandview, Smokey Hill, and Central High School, in their last 3 games the coaches, and boys were eager for a win. However, their 6-10 record was not looking positive for them against the 11-4 records the Demons held. Despite this, they managed to win flipping the card for Cougars. 

“I mean, he’s just, everything is starting to come together for him. And his hard work is paying off. And the confidence piece is there, which is, which is anything that a basketball player could ever want” said Coach Brown.